Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paperback | Which one 1st?

I'm spoilt for choices. In my stack, I have 3 more books to dig in. Man and Boy was bought way back, the 2 Stephanie Meyer's Twilight and New Moon was my latest purchase.

"People" keep saying the book is great. It's a vampire book but . . . *it's more like a 90210 vampire book* That's what I heard. The movie is out but "people" say must read the book first before watching it. *Not that I'm planning to watch it, but if I do, it will be on DVD or downloaded* I shall let you know whether I like the book or not.

So, as I was saying that - I can't decide to read Twilight first or New Moon first. . . Maybe I just toss a coin later :)

I've finished How STARBUCKS Saved My Life and The Wednesday Letters. Personally, I love the Starbucks book. Maybe I'm into real life stories. It feels like I'm going through what the character is going through. Isn't that supposed to happen when you read a book? Get engrossed into it ~ be the hero, be the villain, be anything you want and just loose yourself.

Anyway, after reading Starbucks I kinda see my own Starbucks here a little bit different. It's not "just" a coffee shop anymore. Weird, right? Well, a mid-age guy lost his high pay job and ended up working as a Barista. Learning to become a better man, a better father, a better person. Talks about falling down flat on the face and standing up to face the world again.

Wednesday Letters are more to a family story. About a husband who writes to his wife every Wednesday after their wedding *isn't that sweet?* Now, don't start thinking that his wife is at a faraway land or in heaven. She's just next to him, staying under the same roof, sleeping on the same bed. It's not all lovey-dovey letters, it's just simple notes, phrases, song lyrics that the husband thought of and pen it down for his wife. Imagine how many letters are there when they are married for 30 years? Imagine how the kids going through their dad's words when they've passed on?

Well. . . I'm not good in reviewing books, actually. *Pst! How did I do for the 1st time?* Just wanted to share with you on what I've been reading.

What have you been reading?

No comments: